Business Development /International Sales / Ocean And Air
Business Development Manager/Hunter – Air/Ocean Freight
Book Of Business Is Required
Salary - $75k to $125k base plus commission.
Minimum 2 years plus of industry-related Sales experience required working within the Freight Forwarding Industry.
Freight Sales should be primarily focused on International Air/Ocean.
Must have a hunter mentality where you will enjoy a fantastic commission scheme and company benefits.
Excellent opportunity to join a global growing organization working remotely.
Our clients are seeking to hire Regional Sales or Business Development Manager. The BDM will be responsible for bringing over and maintaining a book of business as well as growing regional sales of import/export (air/ocean) and domestic/international. Work with the Branch Manager and Vice President of Sales to grow revenue and exceed targets by promoting and selling our business, and driving sales activity through a designated territory.
- Develop new business through research, prospecting, and qualifying new opportunities. This will include customer visits & developing relationships within the defined geographical area.
- Increase market share within assigned territory and achieve assigned financial budget for volume, revenue, and profit.
- Successfully close new business and onboard new clients.
- Increase market share within the existing client base.
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction. Resolve sales or delivery issues.
- Work with the Pricing team on client pricing strategies and customer rate quotes.
- Monitor and maintain clients' credit lines within Company guidelines.
- Maintain and update the Company's CRM
- Provide regular communication and a monthly budget review for management
Client and Supplier Management
- Client Management of allocated customers by using established tools to achieve and exceed targets
- Weekly follow up with new clients after first shipments
- Deployment of information about all contracts with customers and suppliers to all parties
- Ensure that any client entertainment activities are carried out in a professional and responsible manner
- Ensure customer requests related to commercial activities are completed in a timely manner at the highest service level
- Adhere to client service level agreements
- 3 years of sales experience with freight forwarding companies
- Confident in the ability to bring over current clients (no non-compete)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal teams.
- A commitment to going above and beyond to fulfill client's needs
- High level of organization and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and technical understanding of a CRM System
- Bringing a book of business a plus
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Outstanding people and communications skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills