Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Philadelphia Gear part of the Timken Power Systems group in Santa Fe Springs, CA has a current opening for a Manager, Supply Chain position. This position is responsible for providing leadership and directs overall activities of the plant's supply chain department to effectively ensure planning, procurement and flow of materials to meet or exceed customer requirements and company goals. This person in this role manages materials and delivery, maintains proper inventory levels through planning and forecasting, and provide continuous and reliable material supply to production. The Supply Chain Manager directs activities of staff members engaged in the purchasing of materials, demand & supply planning analysis, customer service and supplier relationships.
- Provide direct responsibility for assuring the master production schedule for the plant are achieved through effective and efficient coordination of raw materials, internal and external suppliers, and production scheduling.
- Continue to build redundancy in the supply channels eliminating single sourcing.
- Drive the supply chain CI process through the application of lean thinking and better use of EPICOR tools.
- Provide effective supplier management to meet supplier delivery goals and control raw material and work-in-process (OP Operations).
- Provide leadership, direction and accountability to employees including development of a high-performance team, talent & succession plan development, performance management, coaching, mentoring, training, and resource/business planning.
- Drive cost reduction activities for all materials for improving on budgeted cost.
- Coordinates with finance/accounting on matters involving invoicing issues and managing % of completion $ execution.
- Ensure compliance with current Quality and Safety Standards, and company ethics policy of all team
- Utilizing Epicor reports for ensuring supplier on time delivery of 95%.
- Able to communicate and resolve issues with Quality on DMR's, NAR's and COPAR related to Suppliers.
- Able to communicate with Engineering on any drawing technical issues with Suppliers.
- Manage Supply Chain for Aftermarket Order, Marine Program and MRO requirements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Min. Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Supply Chain Management or related field, minimum 5+ years of applicable supply chain, ERP system and DDRP experience in manufacturing environment.
- Leading and coaching skills, especially development and effective delegation
- Comprehensive supply chain experience
- Comprehensive inventory management experience
- Knowledge/experience w/supplier systems, manufacturing, and customer systems
- Demonstrated skills in scheduling, planning and systems level problem solving
- Computer proficient with working knowledge of MRP/ERP software and Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Systemic thinking and process-oriented problem-solving approach
- Strong independent thinking and ability to challenge and modify standard processes to suit new and different businesses supply chain(s) within existing global infrastructure
- Manufacturing/operations management experience preferred
Pay Range: $98K - $128K
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.