What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Timken Power Systems, Schulz Electric brand, is currently seeking a Winder responsible for rewinding various types of electro-mechanical equipment. This position reports to the Service Center Operations Manager.
- Documenting all relevant data specific to unit's electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability
- Rewinding various electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers
- Observing proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding
- Completing required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis
- Operating specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools
- Observing all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment
- Keep work area clean and organized
- All other duties as assigned
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Experience making and installing random/ must wound coils, form wound coils, brake coils, low/medium/high voltage A/C stators and rotors
- Ability to complete test and inspection documents and shop traveler for safety related and augmented quality jobs
- Ability to properly dip electrical windings
- Removal of electrical windings by burnout
- Flood dip treatment of electrical windings
Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Must have both verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Must have a high school degree or equivalent and 2+ years of relevant experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.