Philadelphia Gear's world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full-range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a Marine Project Engineer at the Santa Fe Springs, California regional service center. Position will ensure the successful commercial and technical completion of various marine programs and support design, production, and documentation for the programs listed. Support the Marine program managers in the development of sophisticated gear drive and system designs including assemblies, detailed components, and bills of materials and parts list, as required. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Implement contract requirements for the production, manufacturing and testing of Marine main reduction gears
- Design and support manufacturing of tooling and equipment required for production and testing
- Measure and reverse engineer non-Philadelphia Gear components
- Provide calculations for the disposition of non-conforming product
- Design, specify and create detail drawings of components
- Build job travelers that lay out the order of operations and describe the work needed to carry out the repairs or modifications of gears, components and equipment
- Assist in technical training of shop personnel
- Provide technical support to suppliers, customers, field service and customer service
- Support the set up and testing of main reduction gears
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors' degree in Mechanical, Systems, Industrial or other related Engineering field with 1 - 5+ yrs. experience
- Multi-task, set priorities, meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and organization
- Set goals, ability to work as part of a team and the ability to interact with all levels of customers and internal support teams
- Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software), strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Finite-element analysis (FEA) and SolidWorks 3D modeling software expertise
- Thorough knowledge of the assembly, operation, and installation of Marine units
- Ability to run data acquisition systems, interpret test date and generate test reports
Pay Range: $75K - $95K
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.