Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
- Write and edit technical documents including digital work instructions.
- Write and edit procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals.
- Determines the type of publication that will best serve the project requirements.
- Meets with engineers, programmers, and project managers to learn about specific products or processes.
- Research product samples to fully understand product.
- Assess the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
- Plan writing processes and sets timelines and deadlines.
- Create or work with engineers and technicians to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process.
- Gather feedback from users, manufacturing operators, and engineers to improve technical documents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to present complex data in clear, concise text.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently.
- Ability to edit and proofread work of colleagues.
Education and Experience:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience using Linux/PHP preferred
- Experience with manufacturing and quality environments.
- One to two years of related experience required.
- High School diploma required, GED or equivelant required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.