What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 20,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
Timken Aurora Bearing Company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic that will perform a variety of functions to maintain and repair equipment, and our building and grounds while adhering to the safety, quality and productivity standards of Timken Aurora Bearing Company.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties as assigned in a safe and efficient manner with an emphasis on quality. Follow Company and departmental procedures, including regular attendance and punctuality. Follow all safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. Report any unusual conditions or situations to Supervisor or designated manager in charge of the department.
- Select and Change arbors, fixtures, inserts and tooling.
- Program or work from established programs to machine component parts from bar stock, O.D. and I.D. size, facing, chamfer, grooving, drilling or other machine requirements.
- Load parts, cycle machine, check parts at designated intervals per inspection plan and make necessary adjustments to maintain quality characteristics of parts per print specifications throughout machining operations.
- Run 1st piece part, make necessary adjustments to attain quality characteristics per print specifications.
- Package and tag parts, complete all required paperwork including SPC charting.
- Assign operators to work stations in conjunction with departmental supervisor.
- Move parts to and from work area and scale as needed.
- Maintain all machine fluid levels
- Sign out all necessary gauging equipment from Q.A. and set gauges per print specifications
- Surface grind and/or bench grind tooling and inserts as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED (validation is required)
- Ability to stand and walk 8 hours per day.
- General machine aptitude
- Ability to use basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to utilize meausring and gauging devices
- Various CNC machines, Computer for program generation, Hardinge lathe, surface grinders, bench grinders, fixed gauges, plug gauges, micrometers, O.D. & I.D. calipers, optical comparator and various other gauging equipment, basic hand tools, two-wheel hand dolly, die cart/lifter, pallet lifter, weigh scale.
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- STD and LTD
- Health savings account (with company provided contribution)
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- ...and much more!