Your Career Begins at Timken
Looking for a career where you can do work that matters? At Timken, we improve the reliability and efficiency of global machinery in markets like automation, food and beverage and renewable energy — advancing sustainable solutions to the world's most challenging problems. Program participants will make immediate, meaningful contributions, collaborate with global teams, and have access to individualized career development and advancement opportunities — all within a values-driven, inclusive culture. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and help us move the world forward.
PRINCIPAL SALES ENGINEER - LIGHT VEHICLE SYSTEMS (LVS)
Principal Sales Engineer is responsible for profitable growth of the company's customer base in the assigned segment and territory including prospecting for new business and developing assigned accounts. Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with customer purchasing, engineering, quality and manufacturing personnel to help customers navigate a large volume of information that they encounter to make informed decisions; networking with key customers stakeholders is key
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customers and develops key account plans to meet or exceed strategic territory targets.
- Promote the company's bearing technology and innovative tribological solutions, leveraging technical acumen and value selling strategies
- Responsible for all aspects of business planning for assigned customer base, including development of account plans in alignment with strategic business priorities.
- Achieve advocacy from the customer through the development of current business and generation/design of new surface engineered applications.
- Utilize CRM as primary tool to document and report customer related activity.
- Coordinate with global counterparts on sales strategy for global accounts as needed.
- Monitor the accuracy and timeliness of quotations, sample and initial production shipments.
- Coordinate and organize virtual visits or visits to plants and technical sites to ensure that customer needs and requirements are being met.
- Stays current on product and manufacturing changes that are internal and external to the organization and communicate effectively.
- Ensures contract reviews including warranty, performs detailed customer presentations and supports quality department.
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively in a fast-paced environment where constructive criticism is encouraged.
- Must be able to work on multiple assignments at once, and complete assignments within deadline and with satisfactory quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of customer requirements and market dynamics.
- Excellent networking, relationship-building, and time management skills.
- Travel is required to provide customer support and to develop new opportunities.
- Capacity for creative thinking to develop plausible strategies to obtain automotive business growth.
- Flexibility and tenacity to respond to customer's requests that are sometimes pressing and demanding.
- Strong observation/judgment capability in difficult situations; strong analytical and decision-making skills and a continuous learning mindset
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor of Engineering or related field of study (Business) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in technical sales and/or sales management, with demonstrated track record in automotive sales strongly preferred.
- Position level will be dependent upon years of qualified, relevant experience and education.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.