Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 19,000 employees across 46 countries. We are a global leader in engineered bearings and power transmissions. Timken has been around since before the wright brothers conducted their ground breaking flight and has played a role in almost every aircraft since.
- We are a team that will train you and offer you a unique and challenging aerospace career with internal advancement opportunities
- Timken is a great US Company: Named - America's Best Employers, Forbes - America's Best Employers for New Grads, Forbes - America's Most Responsible Companies, NewsWeek - World's Most Ethical Companies, The Ethisphere Institute - America's Best Employer for Women, Forbes
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, paid time off
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
The primary responsibility of the Team Leader is to assist in leading the day-to-day shift activities of Timken Aerospace maintenance operations to meet customer demand. The Team Leader is responsible for carrying out the prime directives of a lean leader which include 1) guiding work teams to meet production demands through daily schedule attainment (Takt), 2) ensuring the safe, correct, and conscientious completion of work in a safe work environment through a 5S/Visual workplace 3) ensuring quality and value-added work is made by every process in their area of responsibility 4) ensuring the on-time, correct, and complete delivery of parts, product, and services to the next process and customer, 5) Kaizen to reduce cost through elimination of waste, overburdening, and fluctuation in area of responsibility, 6) maintaining and improving the operational availability of equipment through 5S and designated maintenance tasks, 7) building teamwork and maintaining team relations through professional challenges and educating associates.
The Team Leader helps to ensure a smooth operation in their assigned work area by monitoring, documenting, and communicating daily resource and equipment needs and production status. This position also supports operations by providing technical expertise and training to operative associates located in work area.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- Assist in daily administration of resource allocation, daily problem resolution, daily log updates, checks of shift start-up and shift-end to ensure smooth production operations.
- Communicate regularly to associates regarding customer production requirements via the regular updating of zone boards. Assist in the facilitation of regular team huddles (meetings) and frequently walk-through work areas (MBWA). Act as primary contact in help chain.
- Ensure ongoing operator safety and a safe work environment by regularly auditing zone for safety hazards, 5S compliance, correct PPE usage, and by training team members to perform work safely and correctly in accordance with TWI job instruction methods.
- Demonstrate the responsibilities of a lean leader and drive a lean culture in the facility. Assist in ensuring associates are engaged and are participating in continuous improvement efforts.
- Develop associate awareness of defects through training emphasizing prevention of recurrence and properly document training activities in zone.
- Organize, perform, and/or lead maintenance activities including; shut downs, small maintenance repairs and tasks, coordination with vendors for parts and service, inventory of parts, and coordination with other teams as required.
- High School diploma or GED with a minimum of 2-5 years prior production experience required. Maintenance and/or repair experience preferred.
- Technical aptitude and problem-solving skills and the ability to train others. Good math skills and the ability to work with data. Mechanical and/or electronic background preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal & written) including the willingness and desire to lead others and the ability to effectively motivate teams.
- Good PC skills (MS Office and SAP).
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 35 pounds. Requires extensive periods of walking, standing, pushing, lifting, and pulling.
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.