Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is directly accountable for creating competitive advantage through the development, management, and improvement of the IT/software supplier network. This involves holding suppliers accountable for world class service, delivery, quality, lead time and cost performance; and engaging suppliers to fix or improve performance, the effect of which is critical to the seamless operation of "integrated" supplier-Timken supply chains around the world. Building and maintaining relationships with key IT software suppliers is critical to this objective; as is providing clear expectations and negotiating effective commercial agreements.
- Supplier Relationships - Shares the overall supplier relationships with the Software Asset Manager for the IT software related suppliers. Monitors broad set of interactions at all levels of the organization, from day-to-day scheduling and delivery to the exception management of issues, to long-term contract negotiations with supplier executives. Communicates clear expectations and provides regular feedback regarding performance, opportunities for improvement, and other business matters.
- Supplier Performance Management - Communicates cost, quality and delivery performance expectations, monthly/quarterly results, and potential consequences, good and bad. Engages appropriate functional teams, as required, to fix and/or improve supplier performance.
- Sourcing Strategies - Owns the sourcing strategy. Leads the development of the strategies and the implementation of the tactics to achieve the business objectives. Works as a trusted advisor to the IT organization to help efficiently spend their budgeted funds. Also works to support various business areas with indirect sourcing including Legal, Tax, Auditing, Travel, HR, and other departments as needed.
- Strategic Sourcing - Uses the sourcing process to identify, evaluate, and select suppliers that support the sourcing strategies.
- Project Management - Leads cross functional teams and/or collaborates with IT, engineering, process development, product management, sales, travel, and operations to develop and implement tactics that support sourcing strategies, business initiatives, and continuous improvement.
- Contract Management / Negotiations - Leads the development and management of contracts, price agreements, commercial terms, commercial issues, etc. Applies world class negotiation skills to resolve difficult issues and maximize The Timken Company's interest.
- Technology and Lean - Understands the supplier's process technologies, to ensure the best fit between Timken requirements and supplier capabilities. Works with suppliers to optimize the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the total value stream.
- Support IT Organization - Able to integrate and support the IT organization at all levels and be a trusted advisor to the team. Must be able to understand their direction and goals and how supplier capabilities and offerings aid in accomplishing them. Also needs to be able to provide expertise and training on the sourcing, purchase order and invoicing processes and the capital and expense allocation process - be regarded as a subject matter expert and provide guidance and assistance as needed.
- Strategic Thinking - develop sourcing strategies, solve complex problems
- Results Focus - achieve cost savings and improvement targets, execute the sourcing process
- Project Management - lead cross-functional teams, sometimes across the globe
- Negotiation skills - prepare, identify/create leverage, apply negotiation tools, achieve negotiation objectives
- Supplier operations and supply chain - understand supplier's supply chain, manufacturing capability, and quality controls
- Product knowledge - understand requirements of product
- IT Background with technical and functional experience to support the IT organization.
- Business Skills - Be able to take charge of situations where multiple disciplines are concerned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, IT or similar with 12+ years of related experience.
- Master's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, IT, Finance or similar with 10+ years of related experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.