Your Career Begins at Timken!
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our employees make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position exists within the corporate Process Design & Development Team at Timken World Headquarters to provide technical expertise, project management and leadership in the design, development, and delivery of process solutions for Timken's various bearing manufacturing plants. This position is ideal for someone who has the capability and the desire to grow technically and develop into a process specialist/leader in bearing manufacturing. The ideal candidate has a good understanding of manufacturing automation and robotics and can provide analysis and assistance for corporate initiatives and continuous improvement activities.
- Design, implement, and test new procedures to optimize process productivity for material handling, laser marking and assembly processes.
- Develop, configure, and optimize industrial processes from inception through start up on capital projects.
- Apply best practices and develop innovative solutions to improve productivity, quality, and safety.
- Provide general troubleshooting support for manufacturing facilities.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate with the necessary resources to ensure their successful completion.
- Apply automated and robotic solutions (industrial or cobot) to new and existing processes to improve production.
- Compose technical specifications for machines and collaborate with machine suppliers during quoting, machine build, and installations.
- Create, revise, and maintain detailed process documentation for training and compliance purposes.
- Domestic and international travel to Timken plants and/or supplier locations - not to exceed 25% annually on average.
- Ability to manage and complete short-term and long-term projects with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment both as a leader and individual contributor.
- Experience with manufacturing concepts and operations.
- Understanding of basic statistics including design and analysis of experiments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and CAD (AutoCAD, NX, Solidworks, or Inventor). Experience with statistical analysis of large datasets is useful.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or a related field with 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Master's degree in engineering, MBA, or related with 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Managing multiple tasks and deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Robotics experience (industrial or cobot)
- Experience managing capital projects
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. #IND-ENG