The Senior Operating Tax Analyst must have an understanding of operating tax statute. They represent Penske as the leader in the truck industry and must maintain professional and favorable relationships with all internal and external customers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist supervisor or manager with operating tax compliance processes including rendition/return filing, appeals and abatements and refund/bill entry.
- Be able to understand advanced accounting of operating tax and provide accounting support.
- Analyze and manage the billing process to the customer for all operating tax paid.
- Manage interaction with vendors and external associates and act as a liaison with internal IT.
- Assist supervisor or manager with operating tax compliance processes including rendition/return filing, appeals and abatements, bill entry for operating tax
- Analyze processes, transactions, plans, accounting files, problem resolution, and rebills to customers
- Responsible for interpretation and application of policies and procedures, customer service, and guidelines for new law changes to ensure compliance standards through research tools
- Verification of system testing and troubleshooting with software company and IT.
- Partner with special projects team to support and test system and process changes/enhancements.
- Create and analyze various management reports to ensure controllership within all operating tax compliance processes.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. If no degree, equivalent work experience is required.
- 5 years of accounting experience and/or operating tax processing required with additional tax research
- 5 years of experience in operating tax research, preferred
- Must have intermediate level of finance/accounting and compliance processing skills
- Advanced analytical skills required
- MS Office Skills with ability to manage external software applications required
- Advanced ACL, AQT, or other querying tool skills
- Must have advanced financial management software experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills required
- High multi-tasking capabilities
- Must have advanced problem solving
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Finance/Accounting
Job Function: Tax Strategy & Compliance
Job Family: Finance
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2310558