Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Internal Auditor, you will perform audits and oversee special projects while providing assurance and consulting services to promote an effective control environment. You'll also evaluate internal controls and provide solutions to improve risk management, control and governance processes to assist XPO in accomplishing objectives for business efficiency, cost reduction and protection of shareholder interests. These responsibilities will be executed throughout the entirety of our business.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Lead project plans throughout the business (e.g., operations, supply chain, sales, finance, IT, etc.) and act resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters
- Execute financial related and SOX testing for business process and automated controls
- Cultivate trust and respect with other professionals throughout the business to build productive, highly collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships
- Develop a strong understanding of the organization's strategic initiatives
- Develop business acumen for all projects in the form of end-to end process understanding
- Create a stronger internal audit brand within the organization and encourage the business to understand and embrace internal audit's consultative role
- Deliver high-impact stakeholder communications that demonstrate continued alignment to what the organization identifies as important
- Translate risks into business issues as well as prioritize findings and recommendations in line with our corporate strategy.
- Conduct audit procedures and consulting projects from beginning to end, often managing multiple projects and priorities at once
- Establish strong business partnerships within and outside of the Internal Audit department to resolve issues quickly and advance efforts expeditiously
- Support execution of leadership advisory requests
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of risk-based auditing or consulting, combination of public and private preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit
It'd be great if you also have:
- CPA or CIA Strongly Preferred. Other certifications like CFE or CISA are also highly desired.
- 3+ years of risk-based auditing or consulting, combination of public and private preferred
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio; knowledge of Access, ACL, SAP, Oracle, Visual Basic a plus.
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.