Position requires a multi-tasking individual with strong organization and leadership skills;
Candidates must have experience in both domestic and international shipping.
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong computer skills;
Bachelor's Degree preferred or 5-10 years of transportation routing and operations experience are required;
Good working understanding of OSHA and TSA regulations and requirements a plus.
Pilot Freight Services seeks an experienced full-time Operations Manager to work in our Harrisburg PA location.
- Overseeing all aspects of the Operations Department and employees;
- Delegating duties and responsibilities;
- Communicating freight status and any problems to customers, vendors and other Pilot stations and personnel;
- Freight handling via forklift;
- Load/Off-load build trucks for optimal routing.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years management experience along with air freight experience in domestic shipping;
- Must be computer literate;
- Must have routing and operations experience;
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of OSHA and STA Security regulations and dangerous goods certifications are a must;
- Must be able to delegate responsibilities;
- Daily work schedule may vary;
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent, Bachelors degree preferred.
Competitive wages and benefits package, including 401K.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Proficiency in written & verbal communication Novice
EXCEL INTERMEDIATE Novice