The Import Agent II (NVOCC) is responsible for "breaking apart" consolidated freight shipments imported into the US via ocean carriers. The Import Agent is engaged in the preparation of files, distribution of documents, collection of funds associated with the breakdown (break bulk) of import consolidations.
- Efficient "break down" of consolidated freight shipments imported into the US - Compiling master bills and breaking down consolidation into house bills. Verify system generated information with actual documents and ensure accuracy.
- Maintain files: enter file data, including but not limited to -- opening the file, entering and updating online system with applicable data elements, billing the file, issuing applicable forms and documents, and closing the file.
- Communicate clearly, timely and effectively with overseas offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors - notify arrival of shipments, distribute documentation, track movement of shipment from origin to destination which may involve arranging release and delivery at destination according to customer requirements, proactively communicate status of shipments and process "exceptions" (shipments on delayed flights, split shipments etc ).
- Handle accounting processes as they apply to the break bulk department - prints invoices for house bills, amends incorrect freight rates, transfer fees; revises prepaid/collect charges , files claims in case of damaged goods.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience of Import Ocean in a freight forwarder, NVOCC, or Customs Brokerage environment.
- Must possess excellent data entry skills and customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Understand the processes and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order placement to delivery of cargo at ultimate destination.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities under time deadlines.
- Possess the ability to communicate professionally verbally and in written format.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Work with the utmost honesty and integrity.
- Possess the ability to utilize Microsoft Office and other programs to produce status report and other documents.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. performs a key role in keeping world trade moving by offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, reverse logistics, intermodal and multimodal transportation, and supply chain solutions to some of the world's largest industries. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.