Overview WORK WEEK: Monday - Wednesday, 10:30 AM - 7:30 PM and Thursday -Friday, 11:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Must be available to work overtime/weekends
The Logistics Agent II is located at our third party warehouse and is responsible for receiving, storing and maintain inventory as well as arranging for domestic and/or international transport of a client's commodity from a warehouse to the client's specified destination.
- Support special pallet projects by verifying inventory counts between Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. and the 3 rd party warehouse staff.
- Enter information into network systems; may also scan and upload documents.
- Maintain inventory of a client's commodity in the warehouse.
- Prepare and compile documents for shipment pouches.
- Resolve discrepancies between items received, stored and shipped.
- Make necessary trucking arrangements for shipping client's merchandise.
- Calculate handling, receiving and shipping charges and billing customers.
- Prepare and process shipping documents (bill of lading, shipper's instructions, Certificates of origin).
- Provide excellent customer service to meet client's requirements.
- Manage the customs process with our customs broker and insure that our freight delivers on time to our customers.
- Support other projects assigned as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of related logistics experience in a related environment (directly related administrative experience may also be considered in lieu of logistics experience).
- Experience and knowledge with MAWB, HAWB, cargo manifests, SLI, AES filings, and organizing air pouches for delivery are all strongly preferred.
- Employee must be comfortable working on logistics assignments in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also with minimal supervision.
- Works with utmost honesty and integrity, self-driven and motivated.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with internal and external customers.
- Ability to utilize Windows operating system and Microsoft software applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook 365, etc. to produce reports. Cargowise is a plus.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.