Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The primary objective of the Senior Purchasing Analyst is to procure parts while building a relationship with supplier . This position is responsible for purchasing products and services for the Manchester, CT facility. Will order to correct specifications and will assure all quality and schedule requirements are met. The ability to maintain strong vendor relationships to assure long term supply at competitive pricing. Also responsible for maintaining proper inventory controls within the company guidelines. You will be responsible for the planning of commodities when applicable and support production schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Timely planning of purchased products and services to meet production scheduling.
2. Place purchase orders, track purchase, resolve invoice issues and distribute upon arrival.
3. Cost reductions through negotiation of prices and quality of products.
4. Strategic planning, have vendors in place when need arises.
5. Manage vendor base, reviewing vendor capacity, product and service quality, ensure timliness.
6. Support Lean and Six Sigma initiatives.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Bachelor Degree
- 5 years or more of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read/interpret blue prints
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Positive and professional attitudes, able to work with personnel at all levels
- Knowledge of customer flow down to meet quote requirements
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office(excell, word,outlook)
- ERP/MRP system
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.