Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists to support Engineering Automation of Bearing System Analysis, for use by both Timken sales, service & application engineers and select Timken customers. Its focus is on the calculations used to run these programs. In addition to direct software development, support work may take the form of providing help to Timken associates who use analytical software, and in maintaining systems that run or monitor analytical software programs. This position will support both development and support of current Bearing System Analysis tools.
- Design and coordinate detailed phases of major development activities related to Bearing System Analysis, primarily the implementation of new or modified algorithms.
- Identify, discuss, and use best practices (among various alternatives) for implementation of component/system modeling, equilibrium, and performance calculations, keeping current on best practices within the department, within the Timken Company at large, and within the industry as a whole.
- Evaluation of new and existing analytical software programs, to determine whether any programs should be purchased, written, consolidated, upgraded, or removed from use within Timken.
- Review content from Engineering Fundamentals team into solutions that are effective, sustainable, and valuable to the Timken Company.
- Apply knowledge of mechanical engineering and software development, conforming to (and helping to improve) company standards in both domains.
- Provide technical support on the development and use of these programs to other developers, other Timken associates, users of the software, and occasionally customers.
- Regularly operates under deadlines, both for development and support work.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering concepts, including statics, fatigue, powerflow, torque, and related concepts.
- Analytical and logical reasoning.
- Understanding of software development and programming principles.
- Team oriented mentality
- Working knowledge of system modeling, quasi-static equilibrium, and mechanical component performance predictions.
- Ability to read and understand source code written in a variety of programming languages (FORTRAN, C/C++, C#, VB6, VBA, VB .NET), and specialized math software (MATLAB, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Related Field
- Preferred Experience in Application Engineering, Engineering Software Development, and Systems Analysis (FEA, Dynamic Modeling, Etc.)
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.