Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
To lead the environment, health and safety (EHS) management systems at the facility and serve as the plant expert in environmental health and Safety systems, regulations and requirements. To lead First Aid Team, EHS hourly lead, Safety Committee, and Ergonomics team. To provide direction, expertise and leadership to ensure the facility meets the minimum standard of local, state, federal regulations and certification programs, health & safety (OSHA, EPA, etc.) To develop and communicate the EH&S strategy and goals as documented on the Emergency Action Plan and other EHS management system tools. Identify, implement and monitor robust methodologies, programs, tools and training modules to drive continuous EH&S improvements.
- Lead plant efforts in achieving EHS goals and objectives.
- Lead and facilitate teams to investigate all EHS significant incidents occurring in the plant using root cause problem solving techniques to determine required corrective actions and ensure the completion of the same.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement in the EHS management systems for the facility.
- Develop robust processes/systems that solve problems at the root to eliminate or minimize risk.
- Develop process to maintain all necessary compliance systems and related documentation.
- Manage the plant Precaution Based Safety (PBS) program and oversee the PBS Team's weekly observations of safety within the work environment. Provide analysis of concerns or highlight strengths.
- Manage plant injury incident reporting and maintain records of injury incidents and near-misses.
- Ensure associate and first aid injury logs and medical records are in compliance with local, state and federal EHS regulations and business standards and certifications.
- Participate in the investigation of injuries, near misses and property damage incidents. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and that proper records are maintained.
- Identify and analyze plant ergonomic safety issues in order to establish solutions to address deficiencies.
- Maintain compliance with all permits and complete internal and regulatory reporting including data collection for but not limited to air, storm water, and surface water discharge.
- Provide direction and leadership to ensure new projects, expansions, or process changes are designed in compliance with EHS requirements and regulations and the latest EHS technologies.
- Collaborate with the Operations, HR, Engineering, and Quality departments to ensure tasks and production activities are performed in accordance with Timken and Regulatory safety practices.
- Assist in overseeing and leading onboarding safety training for new hires in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development and execution of group and individual safety training to all associates in accordance with regulations, concentrating on role-based/job-based training to maintain safety records and reduce future workplace injury incidents and near misses.
- Track training records for all associates (corporate, plant, and job-specific training); enter information into appropriate tracking systems (plant and/or Timken University).
- Track equipment safety ratings and equipment calibration related to employee safety.
- Assist in the assessment and monitoring of site and personnel security; partners with IT and management for site security and loss mitigation.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a plant environment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with OSHA, Safety & EHS Reporting Compliance
- Proven competency in root cause problem solving techniques
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal & written - to different audiences
- Excellent people skills to influence associates who are not direct reports
BACHELOR of Industrial Hygiene,Environmental/Occ Health,Eng
MASTER of Industrial Hygiene/ Environmental Engineering
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.