Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Power Systems, Philadelphia Gear brand, is seeking a Field Service Technician responsible for serving customers by providing technical support in the on-site repair and/ or component replacement of equipment including any Pump Drive Gearboxes with various prime movers, i.e. motors, engines and driven equipment such as pumps, compressor, generators and fan impellers. This position also serves to troubleshoot equipment problems and occasionally trains customer personnel. The Field Service Technician supports the plant both internally and externally on gearbox repairs and technical support. The primary function of the role will be to support our water district customers. The secondary function of the role will be to support other field service work outside of the region and or assist shop on work in process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnose causes of equipment malfunctions by visually inspecting and listening to equipment, or by using various diagnostic equipment as required.
- Determine scope of repair and/ or replacement parts - working and coordinating corrective action and plan with the Engineering team.
- Ability to provide field service repairs or lead a small group of outsourced technicians in executing a field service solution and ensure proper operation once completed.
- Prepare service reports for each job on a timely basis.
- Submit time sheets, expense reports and corrective action forms, etc. within proscribed timeframes.
- Travel primarily to water district customers as well as other US based customer locations (base location will be Birmingham, AL Regional Service center).
- Complete annual training requirements each year through Philadelphia Gear/ Timken University and/ or other company sanctioned training resources.
- Must be able to obtain/ maintain several safety certifications such as OSHA-10, specific customer safety requirements, etc.
Key attributes needed include: the ability to multi-task, set goals and priorities, manage projects with a high degree of accuracy and organization, meet deadlines, and interact with all levels of customers and internal support teams. Computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software) and strong written and verbal communication skills are also required. Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up to 25 pounds, see and hear. Must have a high school degree and 5+ years related experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.