The Logistics Specialist plays an integral part in providing our clients with the effective and efficient operational execution and management of all supply chain partners .
- Maintain knowledge of transportation routing in US and Canada
- Communicate with shippers and coordinate shipment availability and potential impact to timeline
- Maintain strong relationship with carriers nationwide, u nderstand internal truckload carrier compliance requirements , develop and maintain positive carrier relationships
- Manage truckload carrier pick up and multi stop execution, tracking, and pricing
- Maintain knowledge of LTL carriers, their scope of services and coverage areas
- Understand carrier service capabilities, tariffs, and accessorials to properly price
- Select optimal shipment mode, service, carrier and routing to meet customer needs
- Manage customer order data exceptions, create loads in TMS, bill of ladings and load plans as needed
- Track shipments to ensure on time delivery
- Problem solve potential late deliveries and evaluate spending additional moneys to expedite, and escalate as necessary
- Proactively manage delays and exceptions and escalate to customer as needed
- Gather, organize, and report on any additional charges from carriers and/or to customers
- Run system reports
- Relationship building with customers by daily communication on any issues where they might need assistance.
- Manipulate large amounts of data accurately with tight deadlines in a high stress environment.
- Proactively seek new ideas for continuous improvement
- Associates degree, plus one or more years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Basic computer skills including experience utilizing Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to multitask while keeping a high accuracy rate in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate a curiosity, drive, and initiative to use data collection, analysis and other information gathering skills to determine areas where Yusen has opportunity to improve the product and its performance within its portfolio
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws