Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Performs and supports a wide range of administrative and human resources functions for the Bucyrus Timken Plant. This position will perform the responsibilities of payroll, new hire orientations/recruitment, monitoring processes and programs, as well as, policies for the HR department and facility.
- Manage the administrative day to day operations of the Bucyrus plant. This includes calendar management, travel mgt., phone mgt., and central file/data mgt.
- Prepares agendas and provides information/reports for daily/weekly/monthly meetings.
- Responsible for creating newsletters and creating plant communications.
- Plans and coordinates customer visits and tours of the Bearing Plant.
- Provide support and coordination for all HR activities for projects such as recruiting, new hire orientation, special events, communication programs, associate activities, Bucyrus community discounts, etc.
- Coordinates the facilities food service provider in regards to associate concerns, special meals, market card issues (add $'s, issue new cards, transfer funds, assure accuracy of their accounts with current vendor).
- Provides office management support for the front office; inventory management and ordering of office supplies
- Manage all the standardized forms for the plant (revisions, inventory management and ordering).
- Responsible for coordinating all community events, plant events, and donations.
- Maintains local plant budget for donations and Public Relations costs.
- Arrange celebrations for Monthly Service Anniversaries, Veteran's Day and other milestones of the plant.
- Responsible for monitoring, reconciling, and processing payroll. (Reviews and edits wage & cost center information).
- Verifies employee time punches daily and communicates with Supervisors to rectify all discrepancies.
- Processes child support orders; garnishments, and other relevant wage withholding orders.
- Local administrator for the DNA badge access system (time clocks, turnstile/ gate access, badges) for the bearing plant.
- Maintains and updates all Kronos payroll system, MySuccess data, phone logs, vacation logs, Outlook groupings.
- Plant administrator for the time and attendance system and support end users.
- Facilitate orientation of newly hired associates regarding payroll related matters.
- Serve as the plant payroll resource in regards to all Sarbanes-Oxley payroll related processes and activities.
- Research, verify and facilitate pay issues for salary and hourly associates.
- Local iPay representative to assist associates with their iPay service.
- Any additional duties assigned by the HR manager.
- Strong knowledge of payroll systems and processes, including experience with Kronos and ADP.
- Significant experience with providing administrative support to multiple managers and facility.
- Experience with prioritizing tasks,problem solving and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is critical.
- Minimum 3 years of previous payroll processing.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Associate Degree in Business Management/Administration or Accounting
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.