Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide technical direction, analysis, assistance, and project management to support the implementation of initiatives requiring a high level of process automation.
Technical expertise at a corporate level is necessary to support continuous improvement activities at existing manufacturing facilities and new plant start-ups around the world.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT - Knowledgeable in automated assembly, robotic handling, vision based detection/measurement and process control. Provide design guidance and technical specification for system integration. Make technical recommendations for manufacturing solutions throughout the global business. Maintain strong technical relationships with peers and vendors.
- TECHNICAL STRATEGY - Develop and propose tactics in support of overall global manufacturing strategy.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - Develop and implement investment proposals to support Timken's business initiatives. This includes business case development, submission of Appropriation Requests (AR's), forecasting expenditure, cost tracking and timely completion of projects within the approved budget.
- SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT - Specify and select technology for new processes or equipment upgrades, guide system development / installation and deliver total process documentation to the plants.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Utilize project management tools for key departmental projects including project and resource planning, and implement corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion.
- MANUFACTURING CI - Support continuous improvement projects throughout the global business related to manufacturing processes to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance safety, etc. Analyze / benchmark alternatives and conduct cost comparisons. Work with manufacturing plant identify opportunities and provide recommendations.
- TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION - Develop deployment plans for newly developed processes in conjunction with Advance Process Technology teams and Manufacturing as needed.
- TRAVEL - International and domestic travel is required and averages 25% of the time throughout the year.
- Broad based understanding of manufacturing operations including quality systems/requirements, shop floor information systems, lean, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and adequate understanding of process assembly, inspection, metrology, electrical / machine controls, automation, tool design
- Strong engineering and analytical ability, including root cause problem solving, capability studies, process modeling, cost estimation, CAD
- Ability to transfer engineering and process knowledge into shop floor instructions.
- Project management capabilities with good communication skills and demonstrated ability to drive timely completion of projects.
- General knowledge of bearing industry (tapered, spherical, cylindrical, or ball)
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years experience or Master's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years experience in manufacturing or process development.
- Requirement is for the associate to be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder due to accesses to munitions/ITAR restricted data.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.