Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists to support direct and indirect functions and activities in the prototype department to permit the production of products and services to achieve department and company goals.
As a Prototype technician you will :
- Perform machine set ups and operations in the following areas: Metrology and Calibration Services area.
- Maintain and track detailed records and report measured values accurately.
- Ability to perform specific measurements using a variety of calibration equipment to complete assigned tasks, tests, or operations. This may include technical analysis and/or recommendations to make required decisions for the benefit of the business.
- Completion of standard data analysis, mathmatical calculations, and decision making.
- Work instructions and tasks are usually given from supervision or engineering. They can be specific or broad assignments.
- Knowledge of computers required (word, excel, powerpoint).
- Knowledge and/or experience with CMM and CMM programming preferred.
- Ability to measure and calculate with use of micrometers, gages, and other hand tools.
- Work as a member of a team under supervision of leadership to meet on-time delivery goals and to provide necessary assistance to meet customer demands. Assist in training associates on applicable processes, tasks and operations.
- Participate in current quality systems, calibration, and audits.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven attention to detail
Minimum qualifications :
- High School Diploma and at least 5year's of experience in a mechanical trade or associate degree with at least 3 year's of experience in a mechanical trade
- Apprenticeship or other Technical training program in mechanical trade preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. #IND-ENG