Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Timken Company sells some of the world's most sophisticated magnetic field sensors. This role will take the lead position for mechanical designs of new magnetic sensors. Responsibilities will include application engineering, product engineering, and testing equipment mechanical support. This individual will work with sensor team members, customers, internal business, sales, and marketing groups on projects and applications in alignment with our sensor business growth plan. This person is expected to demonstrate a mastery of the skills required and has proven experience designing manufactured products that have had successful product launches.
- Lead the electromechanical design effort during the concept, testing, production launch of new applications.
- Responsible for the applications designs of innovative speed and position sensor products and specialized fixtures for test and development efforts
- Accountable for working with suppliers during the design and testing of new products
- Develop prototype and production manufacturing processes for sensors and magnetic sensor targets
- Work with internal and external resources to help bring sensor system design into production
- Responsible for leading all aspects of electrical and magnetic target design and manufacturing launch of sensor assemblies and targets
- Participating in Advanced Product Quality Planning activities,
- Development of product documents for customers, the C2C process, and Six sigma activities
- Assist with quality audit preparation and project financial analysis
- Design of specialized magnetization tools to optimize the performance of Timken encoder products
- Develop patentable designs and work with internal and external IP professionals to prosecute patents
- Draft and present technical papers and articles for conferences and for publications
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree; Masters preferred
- 7 to 10 years related experience
Other Preferred Skills:
- General knowledge of hall sensor and magnetic target product design and manufacturing processes
- Hand on electromechanical/Mechatronics experience
- Experience working with magnetic sensors, electronics packaging
- Depth of experience designing for manufacturing
- Working knowledge of programs like Team Center, Pro-Engineer, UG CAD
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced strategic thinking skills; ability to work on and execute complex projects
- Initiative to work independently
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.