Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
This position is responsible for driving the implementation of a Lean Strategy to achieve business performance improvements. Implement tools and best practices throughout the organization in support of continuous improvement initiatives, improving manufacturing and business processes, reducing costs and maximizing the profitability of the Lincolnton plant. This position will work closely with the site staff management, plant Leadership and all associates to ensure that best practices and continuous improvement are part of the culture, and will concentrate on accelerating the plant Lean transformation. This person will partner with different areas serving as a Lean source of knowledge and will actively participate and deliver Lean-related training, facilitate Kaizen events and actively work during the implementation of Future State Kaizen activities.
- Promote experimentation and deployment of lean tool (Standard work, TPM, 5S, SMED) b. Drive the continuous improvement culture
- Drive the development and deployment of Lean across the plant
- Train and coach all key associates, who are critical to the proliferation of a lean culture, in lean thinking, lean principles, lean tools
- Lead cross-functional teams to objectively and continually assess and improve process performance
- Facilitate Kaizen events
- Foster a manufacturing environment that is safe, clean and motivates associates to work at their highest potential, throughout the development of a robust 5s program
- Develop and implement methods to improve manufacturing efficiency using Lean and problem solving methodologies (PDCA, A3)
- Work with the Quality organization to minimize scrap in targeted areas.
- Support the implementation of programs that reduce process variability.
- Utilize A3 Thinking to drive problems to root cause and to implement solutions for structural improvement.
- 3-5 years successful work experience in a manufacturing environment plus 3-5 years in successful Lean role.
- Demonstrated work experience in multi-functional teams, ability to work with people from different areas or positions in the company.
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of lean manufacturing tools.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new concepts in order to achieve the Timken certification of lean leader.
- Demonstrated effective project management skills and leadership skills.
- Ability to analyze and manage data; knowledge of basic statistics and excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrated training and teach skills.
- 4 year degree in Engineering or related field.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.