Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This role is responsible for performing hands-on technical functions in support of Timken's IT infrastructure and acquisition integrations. Individuals in this role have a technical understanding of servers, Office 365, Active Directory, and networking, and can perform technical configuration changes in these environments.
- Ensure high availability of infrastructure systems in implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of hardware and systems used by Timken to deliver infrastructure services.
- Act as subject matter expert to various internal groups for assigned projects and platforms and keeps them all informed.
- Lead technical workstreams involving acquisition integrations, technical upgrades, and system maintenance, including providing direction to internal IT resources and contractors.
- Provide hands-on technical assistance for on-prem and cloud platforms, servers, and networks.
- Act as backup resource to server and storage administrators supporting systems classified as controlled technical data (CTD) systems.
- Provide thought leadership to the development and implementation of business practices which support the growth and ongoing management of our enterprise systems.
- Collaborate with technical leads, server, network, and security administrators to progress newly acquired businesses through Timken's IT Integration Framework.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies IT documentation, processes, and procedures to support best practices.
- Active Directory, DNS Management, VMware Administration, WINDOWS Server administration
- Working knowledge about principles of operation and configuration of LAN/WAN services: Switching, Routing, Network security, IPsec, VPN, DMVPN, DHCP
- Basic working knowledge of mergers and acquisition IT activities
- Basic working knowledge of project management methodologies.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience
Minimum: U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
Preferred: Masters and 3 years of experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.